Remedies For The Flu
Tips And Remedies For The Flu, The “best” flu remedy seems to vary by whom you ask. Some people think that certain over-the-counter medications are the simplest thanks to getting relief.
Others feel homeopathic remedies work the simplest. Still, others feel that only their doctor can help make them make the acceptable choice.
If you talked to my husband he would tell you the simplest flu remedy is not to get the flu (he’s not always the foremost helpful person).
He talks smart because he rarely gets sick. I’m very jealous of him. I feel his genes must be better than mine because he doesn’t eat healthier or exercise any longer than I do, yet, I buy sick tons more often than he does.
I catch the flu nearly per annum. I’ve tried over-the-counter medications, some homeopathic remedies, and have gone to my doctor when I’ve gotten bad cases of the flu.
Below I’ve listed some common, and a few not-so-common remedies for the flu. A number of the remedies are homeopathic; others involve taking over-the-counter medications; while others are prescription.
17 Tips Common remedies for the flu
1) This first item is more of a suggestion to stay yourself from getting sick again instead of a remedy but I feel it’s a very good tip.
Put your toothbrush in a cup with peroxide in it to stop you from re-infecting yourself (especially if you’ve got a cold).
Toothbrushes are a haven for germs and therefore, the peroxide will kill the bacteria on your toothbrush. You’ll plan to put your toothbrush in peroxide a day to kill the bacteria that accumulate.
2) additionally to place ting your toothbrush during a cup of peroxide you’ll want to put a couple of drops of peroxide in your ears.
It can help kill flu (or cold) germs. Sometimes the peroxide will sting a touch. The method is to place a couple of drops in one ear with a plant disease or a Q-tip. After a couple of minutes drains the surplus fluid out onto a Kleenex or towel.
Then do an equivalent thing within the other ear. Repeat the method after an hour or two. Still repeat until the peroxide doesn’t bubble when it’s put into the ear (usually after 2 or 3 times).
The peroxide is claimed to be best if it’s used as soon as possible after getting sick.
3) Elderberry extract can lessen the duration of the flu consistent with studies that wiped out Israel.
Ask your doctor, pharmacist, or herbalist for advice on what proportion and the way often to require it, and also to form sure it’ll not interfere with the other medications or supplements you’ll already be taking.
4) Boneset is another herb said to assist lessen the intensity and duration of the flu. It’s usually added to boil water, alongside honey and lemon (to make it easier to drink) then sipped.
Again, consult your doctor, pharmacist, or herbalist for the recommended dosage.
5) Oscillococcinum may be a popular homeopathic/natural product taken to assist with the flu symptoms of body aches and pains, fever, and chills.
One among the explanations it’s so popular is that it doesn’t cause drowsiness.
6) Naturoksinum is another natural flu remedy available. It’s touted as having the ability to chop the severity of flu symptoms in half.
It’s one of the foremost popular flu remedies in France and is out there for purchase within the.
7) Echinacea is another popular natural remedy for the flu. Again, because it’s a herbal product, ask your doctor, pharmacist, or herbalist to form sure it’s safe for you to require which doesn’t interfere with the other medications or supplements you’re currently taking.
8) Tamiflu and Relenza are two prescription medications available for treating the flu. For either medication to figure best it should be crazy two days of the onset of flu symptoms.
Both Tamiflu and Relenza work by preventing the flu virus from infecting cells within the body that is still healthy, and that they both work against influenza A and B.
9) Drink health juices like mangosteen, noni, goji, aloe vera, or acai berry. They’re not only great juices to drink if you get the flu, but they will also help prevent it because the juices are good at boosting a person’s system.
My personal health juice of choice may be a mangosteen juice. It tastes great and helps me feel better overall.
10) There are several products available to use in your bath or maybe your shower to assist with the symptoms of the flu.
Abra Bath for colds and therefore, the flu may be a product you increase water. It’s said to assist relieve congestion, reduce body aches, and help relieve the chills related to the flu.
The manufacturers of Sudafed offer a product called Sudacare Shower Soothers. They’re tablets that react with warm shower water to make vapors of eucalyptus, menthol, and camphor to assist with congestion.
11) Nasal sprays to assist relieve flu symptoms are available over the counter. One product is named Flu Relief.
Nasal sprays aren’t as popular as most other remedies though because many of us dislike using nasal sprays.